Tuesday, August 28, 2012

red snapper




SOLD please email me if you like what you see and would like a similar piece. 

I never liked sushi until I was 38, when I finally went to a restaurant where the sushi was good. And that I found this place in landlocked Pittsburgh, just another reason it's the most livable city. Umi is an experience; a lovely little jewel box of a restaurant, you have to climb vertiginous stairs, with a dizzing mural of an asian boy riding a really long fish/whale? to get there. It's worth the trip. The walls are brushed in pale gold, I know that sounds opulent but the whole asthetique is very understated and sensual, it lets pure beauty show through. And the sushi chef at Umi, I call him the fish-whisperer, an artist that compliments the flavors of fish in uniquely mouthwatering ways. So I named this after one of my favorites. The red snapper is paired with a mint leaf and plum paste that has a bite, my crafted version has coral, turqoise, carved beads and sterling silver beads and chain with an unusual side clasp. 20-1/4" in length with a sterling silver clasp. $53

No comments:

Post a Comment