Wednesday, December 19, 2012

crushed peonies



I love peonies, they are gorgeous heady flowers with an amazing spectrum of the palest pinks. I have two peony plants in my backyard that give off lovely hot pink blooms in late spring. But the thing with peonies, perhaps just mine, they seem rather impractical from a darwinian plant perspective. They are lovely but as soon as the flowers bloom those stems then drop to the ground, like even the plant cannot bear that much beauty, and the petals drop off in a day or two tops. They are the very definition of ephemeral but still gorgeous all the same. Here's my beaded interpretation of crushed peonies, including some muted browns because I think flowers are incredible even when they start to fade. Pearls, garnet and glass beads on three strands 7-3/4" in length with a sterling silver clasp. $41

No comments:

Post a Comment