Wednesday, January 2, 2013

petals on the wind



Yes, I'm naming this one after a spinner rack novel, and for those of you that didn't work at a book store that's a rather elitist diss to the wildly popular books that used to occupy the spinning wire racks in independent bookstores. Remember them, before all that existed was Barnes & Noble and Amazon? Sigh. I feel so old sometimes, because I question the greatness of a future where everyone looks at their phones instead of looking up and taking in life, perhaps smiling at a stranger and striking up a conversation. But I digress. When I was in middle school I devoured all those spinner rack novels; Danielle Steele, Sidney Sheldon, and their made for tv movie ilk. Oh but V.C. Andrews, she was special. So creepy, dark and erotic. For someone on the cusp of teendom her works were shocking.  I was hooked and whipped through those books a day at a time. So out of the trilogy Petals on the Wind was the only one I could make work with my jewelry, although maybe I'll branch out and try an If There Be Thorns necklace. Seven petals of pale golden pink glass, separated by six golden beads, hang on a fine gold chain. Beads, clasp, wire and chain are all 14kt gold-filled. 18-1/4" in length. $37




No comments:

Post a Comment